Friday 3 May 2013

Evaluation : Question 3

What have you learned from your audience feedback?
Audience feedback was very helpful as the audience pointed out where and how we could improve our media products making the more affective and improve them to the standards our audience would like to see as a finished product. They also gave us some positive feedback about what parts they enjoyed and thought should be kept the way they are. Feedback gives you an idea about what how you can change something on your piece.

In the music video, we had a few different casts to begin with. This changed because as filming continued, some of the cast could not be at every filming or could not do the music video at all any more. This made us change the cast, but by chnging the cast and picking new actors for both the narrative sections and new actors for the band shots,it improved our video. I say it improved our video because to begin with, to pick our cast we looked around the class room and picked 3 random people for the band shots. The same for the narrative sections. We took a few test shots and let some of our peers have a look and comment on what we have filmed. Our peers said that they did not think there was enought connection or chemisty between the actors. This encouraged us to pick new actors, and those actors are the guys in the band shots, Harry Stone, David Schooling anf Phillip Williams, and in the narrative shots we picked Charlie Mckenzie and Amy Moughton. These two aspiring actors were perfect for our music video as they were friends in school, it helped massively to create a sense of a realationship. Their chemistry was bnrilliant and it looked real.

With my digipak, I evaluated a couple of existing preffessional digipaks, this allowed me to get an understanding of what I was really meant to be putting onto the document. The Lyrics were the thoughest part. I say that because i got conflicting messages coming from audience feedback because they were saying "the text was too small, I could not read it", and some others were saying the "text is too big, if it was smaller you would be able to fit more in." . This put me in two minds. Should I, or shouldn't. In the end i chose to not make thee font smaller as on the sceen, the font was a good size. The font size was 7 or something very close to that, but once i had seen the final piece that came from the printer I was worried that the text was too big, and that i should have made it a little smaller so it would make it look more proffessional.

With my magazine advert, they element that was the most difficult for people to accept was the overlayed text. One person said to me, "It looks like you have another piece of work over thee top of it." . This obviously made me think about the overlay carfeully and wether i should take it out. Which would mean i would gain audience likability, but my advert would not be linking in with my groups promotional package.

No comments:

Post a Comment